Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sweet Somethings and Vintage Finds

Hewo bloggers! There is nothing that makes me more happy (other than blogging and listening to Pandora) than receiving a simple and beautifully handmade gift. What would make the situation even better is if it was crafted by the person I love the most...wait...it was! I am so lucky to have such a sweet boyfriend who takes the time to tediously work with a piece of metal and tiny tools to make me a ring that I have been wanting. Yes, I said make  me a ring. I saw the cutest little thing wrapped around a friend's finger that spelled out her fiance's name. It was made out of metal, which surprisingly was adorable! I told my boyfriend (Joe) that I wanted one, told him the shop she got it from, and when I saw him later on he had worked all night to make it for me. It's the little things that make people the most happy sometimes!

On another note, I finally found a headboard for the new bed that Joe is constructing for me (such a handyman). It was a great find from an antique store for $30 dollars: a window pane! It may seem like a lot of money for an old window pane, but good Lord, I have been searching everywhere for the perfect window pane/ headboard and I am so relieved I have found it. All I need now is my new bed =). I can't wait to post pictures of the finished product!
Check out the sweet crackle effect! So vintage!



No comments:

Post a Comment