Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Maternity Shoot

Hello Bloggers!
For my first entry, I wanted to talk a little bit about the last photo shoot I worked on. I was so excited to shoot my first Maternity photos, and thankfully I had the honor of my best friend as a subject! Little Braedon was very cooperative on this day and helped us take some gorgeous photos. I set up the shoot in my personal studio: my living room. This surprisingly turned out to be the perfect setting for my beautiful mother-to-be. I set up the white muslin ( which turned out to be a GIANT pain), and positioned my lights and camera exactly where they needed to be, after moving them several times. When doing an indoor photo shoot, I have learned that you never get the lighting right during the initial set- up. Once the pregnant Arielle arrived, we had a lot of fun using a few props (handmade baby shoes) to make the photos a bit more intimate. When I felt confident with the inside photos, we moved to the great outdoors! These photos actually turned out to be both of our favorites. The combination of the bright green trees and a beautiful pregnant Arielle, made this site perfect. We even found an old white barn that added to the natural feel of the photos. All in all, we had a great time! I can't wait until the little guy arrives in November to take newborn photos. Sidenote: I am super excited about the new shipment of newborn crochet hats, thanks to Hooks and Hearts Crochet! Everyone check out her site: https://www.facebook.com/heartsandhooks .

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment